Dark Golden Carrageen Cups
Using a 70% minimum dark chocolate gives a bitter antioxidant chocolate flavour to this dessert. The carrageen not only sets the cups but this nutrient dense native irish seaweed is a natural expectorant to treat coughs. It is packed with viamins A and B12, iodine, sulphur, magnesium and lots of other nutrients.
600ml Arrabawn Skim Plus
20g Carrageen Moss
25g Organic sugar/xylitol
115g Dark Chocolate
Olive oil for brushing
- Pour the milk, carrageen and sweetener in a heavy saucepan.Bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Chop up the chocolate finely. Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the chocolate pieces and stir in until melted through.
- Strain the mix through a fine strainer.
- Very lightly grease 4 teacups with the olive oil and pour in the chocolate mix. Chill until set.
- To demould put some hot water in a bowl and dip the cups in for 5 seconds, place your serving bowl over the cup and turn it over quickly.
- I like to serve mine with orange segments or roasted half pear, whipped cream and chocolate shavings. Enjoy.