Peanut Butter & Raw Cacao Chip Icecream
I love to make my own icecream as the weather heats up (ever the optimist!) and when I have a BBQ after I take off my main dishes I put some fresh berries, balsamic vinegar or vanilla seeds and a knob of butter in tinfoil and seal up tightly on the grill as it cools. Pour the warm berries over your ice cream for an easy delicious sweet.
8 large egg yolks
1 cup xylitol or raw sugar
2 cups Arrabawn Skim Plus
1 tablespoon salted crunchy organic peanut butter eg. Meridien
2 cups greek yoghurt
1 teaspoon raw cacao nibs
- Heat the Arrabawn Skim Plus until starting to boil. Remove from heat and whisk into bowl with egg yolks and sugar blend.
- Pour back into the sauce and over a low heat stir with a wooden spoon until it thickens. If you dip in the spoon and then pull your finger across it should leave an impression. DO NOT BOIL! or it will curdle and don not go away from the cooker during the stirring or you will have scrambled eggs
- Pour the icecream custard base through a fine sieve and cool. Mix in the greek yoghurt, cacao nibs and the peanut butter in a large bowl over ice cubes.
- If you have an icecream maker blend as per the manufacturers instructions. Store in a resealable container for up to 3 months although I would be surprised if it lasts that long!
- If you do not have a machine pour the mix into a wide tray and put into the freezer for 1 hour. Take out and stir with a whisk and put back into freezer again. Repeat this process another 2 times or more if needs be to get a creamy mixture.
Gluten & Wheat Free